Data privacy notice
This notice describes how VEROO GmbH, Industriezentrum NÖ-Süd, Straße 14, PF 36, 2355 Wiener Neudorf, email@example.com process your personal data.
VEROO is responsible for ensuring that your personal data is sufficiently protected and complies with all statutory provisions regarding protection, lawful handling and privacy of personal data as well as data security.
The following statements are general and comprehensively cover all data processing operations within VEROO. This means that the following statements will only partially apply to you.
1. Purposes of data processing
VEROO processes personal data primarily for the following purposes:
- Processing offers and enquiries to us, e.g. by persons who are looking for a collaboration
- Contract negotiations and offer/contract preparation
- Assessment of suitability as a contractual partner, e.g. credit checks on potential customers, suppliers, etc.
- Handling our contractual and business relationships, e.g. accounting, dunning, handling complaints and claims, quality management, processing our purchasing, optimisation of our services through the use of business applications.
- Customer relationship, i.e. sending information, newsletters, offers and advertising material, ongoing customer support, organising events etc.
- Product development
- Operation of the IT infrastructure, e.g. ensuring the security, the current state of the technology, maintenance, etc.
- Provision of the websites: Improving and developing websites, creating usage statistics, identifying, preventing and investigating attacks on the websites, etc.
- Providing the services
VEROO receives personal data
- from yourself: e.g. in enquiries to us, in the initiation of contracts, in the context of fulfilling contracts concluded with us
- from third parties e.g. from customers for order processing
- from publicly available sources, e.g. commercial register, land register, edict file, register of associations, trade register
- from your web browser (automatically) when visiting VEROO websites
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, business relationships with us will not be possible if the necessary personal data is not available to us. In the same way, we can't guarantee all the functions of our websites if you do not provide the necessary personal data.
2. Processed data categories
- Name data, e.g. first name, surname, username, etc.
- Personal data, e.g., gender, date of birth, nationality, role within the company etc.
- Contact data, e.g. address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.
- Identification data, e.g. customer number, etc.
- Bank data, e.g. account number, information on creditworthiness, etc.
- Official data, e.g. reference number, tax number, attachment of salary, tenant pass (Germany)
- Vehicle data.
- IT usage data, e.g. connection data, logging information, access information, IP address, referrer, usernames for externally accessible systems, etc.
- Website usage data: date and time of request, IP address, name and version of the web browser, certain cookies, etc.
- Information on the behaviour of persons, e.g. notes on response behaviour and reminders, correspondence and explanations of ongoing surveys, etc.
- Location data, e.g. GPS data, time stamp for GPS signal, location data (latitude and longitude), etc.
3. Legal basis of processing
Legal bases for our processing of your data are:
- Contract fulfillment and implementation of pre-contractual measures (Article 6 Paragraph 1 (b) GDPR), e.g. when we process complaints and damage reports, create invoices, operate quality management, prepare offers, process and respond to your enquiries, etc.
- Our overriding legitimate interest (Article 6 Paragraph 1 (f) GDPR), e.g. when we provide you with tailored information and offers, processing of data that is necessary for the functions of our websites, etc.
- Legal obligations (Article 6 Paragraph 1 (c) GDPR) e.g. tax obligations, obligations according to road traffic regulations, motor vehicles act, administrative penal law, administrative procedure act, money laundering regulations, etc.
- As data processor of our customers
- As far as none of the aforementioned legal bases exist, our data processing is based on your consent in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 (a) GDPR. You, of course, have the right to revoke your consent at any time. However, the revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out on the basis of consent until the revocation (i.e. the revocation does not affect the past).
4. Forwarding of your personal data
For the aforementioned reasons, VEROO may forward your personal data to the following recipients:
- Third parties employed by us, e.g. IT service providers print service providers, data centres, hosting, software and service providers e.g. for sending newsletters, service providers in the area of claims settlement and loss adjustment (insurances and insurance partners), property management, lawyers, tax advisers, notaries, auditors, etc.
- Public bodies, e.g. customs offices, Federal Ministry of the Interior, embassies, district authorities, etc.
In some cases, data is also forwarded to recipients outside Austria and, in exceptional cases, to non-secure third countries. In this case, however, we ensure that suitable privacy safeguards are in place, e.g. through binding intra-corporate data protection regulations or EU standard data protection clauses.
5. Storage period
Your personal data will only be stored by VEROO for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve the aforementioned purposes. We also store your personal data for as long as there are statutory retention obligations or limitation periods for potential legal claims have not yet expired.
6. Your rights relating to personal data
You are entitled (subject to applicable law), among other things, (i) to verify whether and what personal data VEROO have stored about you and to receive copies of this data, (ii) to request the rectification, amendment or deletion of your personal data that is incorrectly or improperly processed, (iii) to request us to limit the processing of your personal data and (iv) to object to the processing of your personal data or revoke the previously given consent for the processing in certain circumstances, (v) to request data portability, (vi) to know the identity of third parties to whom your personal data has been forwarded and (vii) to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority.
Most of the cookies on our websites are so-called session or temporary cookies. They are automatically deleted when you leave the website. In addition, VEROO uses persistent cookies, which remain stored on the hard drive. However, these can be manually deleted in your browser. Otherwise, these cookies last between 1 month and 10 years. VEROO uses these persistent cookies to recognise you when you next visit our website in order to make the website more comfortable for you to use and to adapt the website to your requirements in the best possible way.
Cookies do not contain personal data. Only pseydonymous data is collected under a user ID, e.g. which pages the user has viewed, which content he searched for etc. VEROO never merges pseudonymous data with the personal data of the user.
You can actively consent to the storage of cookies when visiting our websites. You also have the option to enable or disable the storage of only certain types of cookies. If you want to adjust your cookie settings at a later date, you can do so at any time here.
You can also control cookies on your computer by selecting your browser settings to get a notification when a website wants to store cookies. You can also block or delete cookies if they are already stored on your computer.
However, disabling, blocking or deleting cookies may affect your online experience and prevent you from fully using our websites.
8. Google Analytics
Our websites use the option offered by Google Analytics for IP anonymisation. This means that the IP address of the user is still being shortened by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of VEROO, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports about website activity and provide other services relating to website and internet usage to VEROO. The IP address provided by the user's browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other Google data.
You can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and relating to use of the website (including your IP address) to Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Alternatively, you can prevent the use of Google Analytics by disabling statistics cookies in the cookie settings here.
9. Google Re-Marketing
The website uses Google Re-Marketing. Google Re-Marketing is an advertising service from Google Inc. ("Google", Mountain View, USA) that allows us to present you with targeted advertising of suspected interest based on your usage behaviour during previous visits to our websites. This advertising only appears on Google advertising spaces, either on ad space from Google Adwords or the Google Display Network.
You can opt out of Google Re-Marketing in Google Ads Preference Manager or edit your settings.
Alternatively, you can prevent the Re-Marketing on websites by disabling marketing cookies in the cookie settings here.
You can opt out of the use of Hotjar. Instructions are available at www.hotjar.com/opt-out.
Alternatively, you can prevent the use of Hotjar by disabling statistics cookies in the cookie settings here.
11. Social media plugins
(1) Third-party applications (e.g. AddThis, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, LinkedIn) are integrated into parts of individual VEROO websites, as well as content stored on third-party platforms (e.g. YouTube). Despite careful testing and active measures to safeguard data protection, VEROO has no influence on the type and use of user data collected by third parties on VEROO websites. Responsibility for this data lies exclusively with the providers of these applications:
(1.3) Twitter Inc., with headquarters at 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107 USA (“Twitter” for short) provides plug-ins for website operators, which are used on individual VEROO websites. The plug-ins are recognisable by the “Twitter-Tweet“ or “Follow” buttons. Pages with these plug-ins establish a direct connection to Twitter and transfer different data depending on your log-in status on Twitter. As a result, conclusions may possibly be drawn concerning use of VEROO websites, which Twitter might use for its own purposes. The displayed plug-in content is on Twitter servers and is only displayed on VEROO websites. VEROO does not influence the purpose or scope of Twitter’s data collection or Twitter’s further processing thereof, nor can VEROO access this information. More information on Twitter’s data protection regulations can be found at http://twitter.com/privacy.
(1.5) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA provides plug-ins that are used on VEROO websites. Every visit to a page on our websites that contains LinkedIn functions establishes a connection to LinkedIn servers. LinkedIn is informed that the user has visited our website with your IP address. If the user clicks LinkedIn's "Like/Share" button and is logged into his LinkedIn account, LinkedIn can assign the user's visit to our website to him and his user account. VEROO points out that, as provider of the websites, we have no knowledge of the content of the transferred data and its use by LinkedIn.
The websites use so-called Re-Targeting technologies. VEROO uses these technology to make the website more interesting for the user. This technology makes it possible to address users, who have already shown interest in the website and services or products from VEROO, on third party websites using advertising.
VEROO is convinced that displaying personalised, interest-based advertising is generally of more interest to the user than advertising which has no such personal reference. The insertion of this advertising material on a third party website is based on a cookie technology and an analysis of previous usage behaviour. This form of advertising is completely anonymous. No personal data is stored and usage profiles are not merged with personal user data.
13. Our contact details
We are available to answer questions or concerns about the processing of your personal data.